Monday, April 23, 2012

Teriyaki Chicken

This recipe is from Pam over at For the Love of CookingSee her recipe or follow the recipe here (with my additions and improvements in red):
Teriyaki Chicken - Serves 6
6 boneless skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of fat
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tbsps brown sugar
2 tbsps chicken stock
2 tbsp rice vinegar
1/2 tsp sesame oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp fresh ginger, finely grated
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
2 tsp sesame seeds
1) Combine the soy sauce, sugar, chicken broth, vinegar, garlic, ginger, sesame oil and red pepper flakes (if you're not fond of chewing on a red pepper flake, go with 1/8 tsp of cayenne pepper or none at all) in a large zip lock bag. Mix until well combined. Add the trimmed chicken thighs to the marinade, seal the bag, and place in the refrigerator for up to 4 hours. (I went with one hour the first time I made this and the flavors came out great. Second time I marinaded for the full 4 hours and the flavors came out even better.)
2) Heat a large skillet over medium heat then coat with cooking spray. Once the pan is hot, add the chicken thighs and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until the chicken is cooked through. Sprinkle the chicken with sesame seeds and serve immediately. 
(When I followed Pam's instructions to fry the chicken, I never did get that deep, thick glaze that she achieved in the above picture. So, I baked it to see what I could get. Still not the same glazed look. But I do have to say, I preferred the baked chicken over the fried. Baking held the moisture in the chicken and gave the teriyaki flavors more of a chance to develop.)
Enjoy. (I agree!)
Nutritional Information:
6 servings
Amount per serving:
Calories:        109
Fat:                 3.1g
Carbs:             7.2g
Fiber                 .1g          
Protein:         14.2g 
Weight Watchers Points Plus Value: 3
This really was a very good chicken recipe. We had company the night we enjoyed it and everyone commented on how good it was. So, therefore, with only that one modification of baking instead of frying, I give this recipe 4 glorious pins!
If you just hopped over here from Pinterest, Welcome! Feel free to check out any of the other recipes I have reviewed. And come back for another visit sometime soon. - Lynn



Shop Amazon - Mother's Day Gifts

No comments:

Post a Comment