Monday, April 16, 2012

Roasted Cabbage Wedges


via
This recipe is from Martha over at marthastewart.comSee her recipe or follow the recipe here (with my additions and improvements in red):
Roasted Cabbage Wedges - Serves about 6
1 tbsp plus 2 more tbsps extra-virgin olive oil
1 medium head green cabbage, cut into 1-inch thick rounds
coarse salt and ground pepper
1 tsp caraway or fennel seeds (I'm not fond of fennel so the first time I made this I used caraway. But then after that, I didn't use any seeds. Just the olive oil, salt and pepper were enough for me.)
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees. 
2) Brush a rimmed baking sheet with 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil. Place 1 medium head green, cut into 1-inch-thick rounds, in a single layer on sheet and brush with 2 tbsps oil.
3) Season with coarse salt and ground pepper and sprinkle with 1 tsp of caraway or fennel seeds.
4) Roast until cabbage is tender and edges are golden, 40 to 45 minutes.
Nutritional Information:
6 servings
Amount per serving: 
Calories:                97.5              
Fat:                         7.2g
Carbs:                     8.2g
Fiber                       3.5g          
Protein:                   2.2g           
Thoughts: This is totally my new favorite roasted vegetable dish. My hubby and I love it. It goes with just about anything. It smells good and is very filling. I wholeheartedly give this recipe 5 happy pins.
If you just hopped over here from Pinterest, Welcome! Feel free to check out any of the other recipes I have reviewed. And come back to visit again sometime soon. - Lynn


  Shop Amazon - Mother's Day Gifts

1 comment: