Monday, April 9, 2012

Spicy Drunken Shrimp


via
This recipe is from Barbie over at Wishful ChefSee her recipe or follow the recipe here (with my additions and improvements in red):
Spicy Drunken Shrimp - Serves 2
1/2 pound shrimp
1 can of beer
1 shallot, sliced
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tsp red pepper flakes, or to taste (I went with 1/8 tsp, because I know how hot red pepper flakes can be)
1-2 bay leaves
fresh chipped parsley
salt and pepper, to taste
1) Add shallot, garlic, red pepper flakes and beer in a large saucepan and turn heat on high. Bring to a boil and reduce beer sauce by half, stirring occasionally.
2) Add shrimp and cook until pink, about 3-4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, if needed. Serve with crusty bread or on top of rice. (I served it over rice)
Thoughts: This was the blandest shrimp recipe I have ever come across. I thought with the different flavors thrown in there we would have a very tasty dish. No such luck. Will never make this again. This dish gets just 1 pin. Save your shrimp for something much more interesting.
If you just hopped over here from Pinterest, Welcome! Feel free to check out any of the other recipes I have reviewed. And come back for another visit sometime soon. - Lynn


No comments:

Post a Comment