Friday, April 13, 2012
This recipe is from Jenna over at Witty in the City. See her recipe or follow the recipe here (with my additions and improvements in red):
Man-Pleasing Chicken - Serves 6
1/2 cup Dijon mustard
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 1/2 lb package chicken thighs, skin removed (My personal experience says that chicken thighs are the superior cut to use. They are higher in fat and thus suck more flavor into the meat.)
salt and pepper
1) Preheat oven to 450 degrees (At first I thought this was a misprint. 450 degrees is pretty high. I was worried that high of a temperature would burn the maple syrup, but it didn't. But I was so worried, I kept opening the oven to check on it. So maybe 450 wasn't really the best temperature for me to cook at. Next time I'm going to go with 350 and not worry so much.)
2) Mix together the Dijon mustard, maple syrup and rice wine vinegar
3) Put chicken in oven-proof baking dish. Pour maple mustard mixture over the chicken, turning the thighs in the mixture so they are fully coated.
4) Put thighs in the oven, and let the bake for 40 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 165 degrees. Baste the tops of the chicken with more sauce half way through.
5) Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving. Plate the chicken, making sure to spoon some extra sauce over the top. Sprinkle some fresh rosemary on top. (I tried half with rosemary and half with basil, just because I had some in the fridge. Actually, both were great. Probably any fresh herb would be wonderful.)
Amount per serving:
Weight Watchers Points Plus Values: 7
Thoughts: This is, without a doubt, my new favorite way to make chicken. The mustard and maple balance each other out so nicely. If you're worried about a strong mustard taste, don't. The flavors were delightful. Not only was this recipe Man-Pleasing, but the woman was quite pleased as well. I wholeheartedly give this recipe 5 proud pins!
If you just hopped over here from Pinterest, Welcome! Feel free to check out the other recipes I have reviewed. And come back for another visit sometime soon. - Lynn
Shop Amazon - Mother's Day Gifts
Posted by Lynn Bevill at 9:19 AM